I consider International Education as an interchange of experiences among different educational systems available abroad. The big difference from the rest of the programs is that people will interact with foreign people who in fact live abroad.
Benefits of the IB
Benefits for schools
The International Baccalaureate (IB) offers benefits to schools.
- high quality programmes of education.
- professional development that supports effective educators and collaborative professional learning communities
- a worldwide network of highly respected IB World Schools.
Benefits for teachers
The International Baccalaureate offers many benefits to teachers.
IB teachers are given access to:
- high quality professional development
- innovative and diverse education frameworks, unit planners, teaching resources and evaluation tools
- certification and degree programmes
- a pedagogy known to produce students who are motivated to continue inquiry and lifelong learning, beyond school study.
International Baccalaureate® (IB) programmes of education are offered in 3 languages.: English,French,Spanish
Programmes offered in IB
Primary Years Programme
The PYP prepares students to become active, caring, lifelong learners who demonstrate respect for themselves and others and have the capacity to participate in the world around them.
Age range: 3-12
Middle Years Programme
A challenging framework that encourages students to make practical connections between their studies and the real world,.
Age range: 11-16
First offered: 1994
There are some school in Valencia, Spain,where this internartional curriculum is available.
- American School of Valencia
- the german school is known as one of the best schools in the city.
- El Plantío International School of Valencia – International Baccalaureate
Do you like this pedagogy?
I am not well prepared to give a good opinion about IB programs, but I have no doubt that those IB schools provide great opportunities to their students to have a very successful future as well as be able to be able to make friends with different mother language.